Licensure and Certifications
- #226851: Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine
- #A140713: Medical Board of California
- #MD60697504: Washington Medical Quality and Assurance Division
- #8219: American Board of Thoracic Surgery
Honors and Awards
- 2001: Multiculturalism Award, Harvard Medical School
- 2000: Fellowship in AIDS Medicine, Harvard AIDS Institute/Arthur Ashe Program
- 1999: Fellowship in Academic Medicine, Commonwealth Fund of Massachusetts
- 1996: Departmental Honors, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, UCLA
About Lech, Walter, M.D.
Dr. Walter Lech is a highly educated thoracic surgeon, having studied Microbiology and Molecular Genetics at UCLA and Medicine at Harvard. He has studied and practiced medicine for 25 years. He received training as a resident in General Surgery and Cardiothoracic Surgery at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and as a clinical fellow in Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. He has made contributions to the medical academy as a clinical fellow and instructor in surgery at Harvard and by co-authoring several papers in medical journals. In addition to being the recipient of many prestigious awards, Dr. Lech has his licensure in three states and certification from the American Board of Thoracic Surgery. Dr. Lech practices at the following USA Vein Clinic locations – Valley Village, West Hollywood, and Glendale.