Have you noticed thin, spidery veins on your legs or ankles? This is a common problem among many adults in the US. In fact, spider veins affect approximately 60% of the population. These easily visible veins are simply dilated capillaries near the surface of the skin. They can appear blue, purple, or red. In addition, you may notice other spider vein symptoms, such as:
- Leg restlessness
- Tingling or numb sensations
- The feeling of burning or itching
- Tenderness or redness around veins
Although often viewed as harmless, spider veins are actually a sign of underlying vein disease. If left untreated, vein disease can cause a variety of painful and uncomfortable issues. It can also eventually lead to more serious health conditions like blood clots and venous ulcers.
If you’ve noticed the development or worsening of spider veins, we recommend consulting with one of our vein specialists. You might be pleasantly surprised to learn how simple and convenient spider vein treatment can be.
Spider Vein Treatment
At USA Vein Clinics, all of our vein treatments are non-surgical and performed in our outpatient clinics. We offer effective methods to reduce the appearance and negative effects of spider veins. Our primary goal of spider vein treatment is to cause them to collapse and fade. The most common treatment we use for spider veins is called visual sclerotherapy.
Spider Vein Visual Sclerotherapy Treatment
Visual sclerotherapy is a minimally-invasive, office-based vein treatment technique. Here are the basics:
- Depending on how many veins are treated, it takes only 15- 30 minutes
- This method is FDA-approved
- General anesthesia is not required
- Your doctor uses a small needle to inject a sterile solution into the affected vein
- This will close the malfunctioning vein
- Blood flow from the affected vein is then rerouted to the healthy, surrounding veins
- The diseased vein will be reabsorbed by your body
- You will leave our clinic with a small bandage over the injection site
- There will be no scarring
If you’d like to know whether you are a candidate for visual sclerotherapy, contact us to schedule a consultation.
Spider Vein Treatment Recovery
Are you concerned about a painful, lengthy recovery? We have good news, immediately following spider vein visual sclerotherapy treatment, you can leave our clinic and return to normal activities.
For a few days after your procedure, you may notice:
- Slight bruising
- Red, raised areas or small sores in the treated area
- Dark spots or lines in your skin
- Tiny red blood vessels
If these issues last for more than two weeks, we recommend that you contact your doctor.
Spider Vein Treatment at USA Vein Clinics
If you’re tired of dealing with your spider veins, our vein specialists can help. Most patients do not need vein surgery to relieve their vein disease symptoms. Our non-surgical, outpatient treatment options offer many benefits for our patients, including:
- Convenience: All of our treatments are completed in less than 30 minutes.
- Fast recovery: Patients are able to resume daily activities immediately after treatment.
- Low risk: Our treatments have less risk of infection and complications compared to surgical treatments.
We provide easily accessible vein treatment so that patients like you can find relief from the painful and embarrassing symptoms of spider veins. We are proud to be one of the most accessible vein care networks in the country, with more than 90 clinics nationwide. To schedule your consultation, you can go online or contact us at 888.768.3467. For your safety and convenience, we also offer telemedicine appointments.