Licensure and Certification
- 1983- National Board of Medical Examiners
- 1987- State of Illinois Licensure
- 1988- American Board of Surgery, Certificate no. 33257
- 1989- State of Massachusetts Licensure
- 1992- American Board of Thoracic Surgery, Certificate no. 5271, Recertified in 2002,2011
Honors and Prizes
- 1976-1977 Yale Class of 1942 Memorial Scholarship for Academic Excellence
- 1989 Northwestern University Department of Surgery Resident’s Day Best Paper
- Award: “Extracellular Matrix Proteins and Inflammatory Cells in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms”
- 1989-1990 Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery Travel Grant: Connective Tissue and Aortic Aneurysms
About Rizzo, Robert, M.D.
Dr. Robert completed his medical education from Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut. He has received many honors and prizes for academic excellence and clinical research and has contributed to many important research publications.