Licensure and Certifications
- American Board of Medical Specialties – Licensed Cardiac and Vascular Surgeon
- 2005-2008: Passed USMLE (all steps and sections) & obtained ECFMG Certificate
- 2017: RPVI and RVT presented by the board of ARDMS
Honors and Awards
- Research and Clinical Studies in 37 Medical Publications
- 2014: Research abstract poster award presented by the American College of Cardiology
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Member of the Society of Thoracic Surgery
About He, Dingchao, M.D.
Dr. He received his medical degree from Xi’an Medical University in Xi’an, China. There, he completed various internships, along with his residency and fellowship in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery. After more than a decade of practice, he was recertified and licensed to practice in the USA. In 1998-2000, Dr. He became a research fellow in Biomedical Engineering/Cardiovascular Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Ohio. After a few years working in both Canada and China, he returned to Cleveland to become a postdoctoral scholar in pharmacology at Case Western Reserve University. Dr. He decided to leave the Midwest for The Capitol, and worked as a pediatric cardiovascular surgeon at Children’s National Medical Center in Washington DC. Since 2015, we have been grateful to have Dr. He on the USA Vein Clinics’ team as our Washington DC vascular surgeon. His clinical and research work has lead to 37 publications in well-known journals. Dr. He was awarded the best poster prize for his research abstract by the American College of Cardiology in 2014. He is fluent in both English and Mandarin. Dr. He’s clinical interests/focuses include surgical treatment of congenital cardiovascular malformations and arrhythmias.