- Second Moscow Medical Institute
- Staten Island University Hospital
- Englewood Hospital Medical Center
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine Program
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American Venous Forum
- American College of Phlebology
- American Board of General Surgery
- American Board of Vascular Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Vascular Surgery
- Eastern Vascular Society
About Gart, Alexander, M.D.
Dr. Alexander Gart graduated from the esteemed Moscow Medical School in 1984 and was trained in general, vascular, and cardiac surgery. He worked at the Moscow Institute of Transplantology and Artificial Organs and participated in one of the first Russian heart transplants.
He moved to the US and successfully completed residency in general surgery and fellowship in vascular surgery. He joined the faculty of Columbia University Department of Surgery in 2003 and is currently the Director of Endovascular Intervention at Lincoln Hospital.
Dr. Gart specializes in a wide range of vascular problems, including minimally invasive and surgical treatment of peripheral vascular disease, aortic aneurysm, and carotid artery disease. His area of special interest is venous insufficiency and varicose vein disease. Dr. Gart is board certified in general and vascular surgery. He is a member of prestigious American medical associations, such as the American College of Surgeons, the Society for Vascular Surgery, and the American Venous Forum.
Dr. Gart has been a physician at USA Vein Clinics for five years and enjoyed tremendous success. He offers a range of minimally invasive and non-surgical vein and vascular treatments at our vascular center in Bensonhurst, New York.