As the New Year approaches we want to move ahead with better plans for the future. The New Year is all about the opportunity to start something new. A healthy life is one of the most important New Year’s Resolutions. As we know that heredity and lifestyle plays an important role in the progressive development of varicose veins, it is not always possible to prevent them. If you already have varicose veins here are 6 resolutions to help alleviate discomfort.
- Eat Healthy: Just like good nutrition is important for maintaining a healthy heart. It is also important to eat a balanced diet to maintain healthy veins in the legs.
- Active Lifestyle: Choose exercise or physical activities that strengthen your legs and improve blood circulation. Walking, running, dancing and rock climbing are great choices, especially if you don’t workout on a regular basis.
- Weight Maintenance: Obtaining or maintaining a healthy weight not only help avoid varicose veins but also helps improving the condition.
- Skin Protection: Longer sun exposure can cause spider veins and make varicose veins worse in the summer due to heat. Always wear sunscreen and avoid sun exposure during summer months to prevent painful varicose veins.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking or being around a smoker can damage the body’s vascular system. Smokers are at a higher risk for vascular and vein diseases than non smokers.
- Compression Stockings: Doctors often recommend wearing compression stockings during the day to help improve blood circulation and relieve some symptoms of varicose veins.
Although these resolutions can help relieve some discomfort or pain caused by varicose veins but will not cure this condition. Proper and timely treatment is the only solution for varicose veins and the best time to get treated is the cooler months of the year.
Let’s get you ready for an amazing New Year, 2017!
Take a moment to call us now at (888)-628-9389. All treatments at USA Vein Clinics are minimally invasive and non-surgical and are covered by Medicare and most Insurance Plans.